This focused issue on “Mini-invasive Pancreaticoduodenectomy: Are We Moving from a “Feasible” Intervention to Be Considered the Standard?” is edited by Dr. Edoardo Rosso from Department of Surgery, Istituto Fondazione Poliambulanza, Brescia, Italy
Dr. Edoardo Rosso was the Chief of the Department of General and Thoracic Surgery, Istituto Ospedaliero, Fondazione Poliambulanza, Italy, and is currently a Senior Consultant. He is an experienced surgeon with a level of excellence particularly in advanced open or minimally invasive HepatoBilio-Pancreatic surgery and Cancer surgery. He is a promoter of innovative projects in patient care and an expert in new technologies for the health system. Dr. Rosso is a nationally and internationally recognized expert specialized in Hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery, particularly in the field of minimally invasive surgery and major vascular resections.
Focused issue outline:
- Current indication to mini-invasive pancreaticoduodenectomy
- Developing a mini-invasive pancreaticoduodenectomy program
- Standard mini-invasive pancreaticoduodenectomy (multimedia)
- Standard robotic pancreaticoduodenectomy (multimedia)
- Radicality during mini-invasive pancreaticoduodenectomy: focus on mesopancreas resection
- Tips and tricks for laparoscopic pancreaticoduodenectomy (multimedia)
- Vascular resection during laparoscopic pancreaticoduodentomy (multimedia)
- Vascular resection during robotic pancreaticoduodenectomy (multimedia)
- Mini-invasive pancretico-jejunostomy (multimedia)
- Mini-invasive pancreatico-gastrostomy (multimedia)
- Obesity should be considered a contro-indication to mini-invasive pancreaticoduodenectomy?
- Peri-ampullary tumours mini-invasive pancreaticoduodenectomy vs open pancreaticoduodenectomy
- Pancreatic cancer mini-invasive pancreaticoduodenectomy vs open pancreaticoduodenectomy
- Robotic pancreaticoduodenectomy vs laparoscopic pancreaticoduodenectomy
- The Devil Advocate: is there any real advantage of mini-invasive pancreaticoduodenectomy versus open pancreaticoduodenectomy?